I am working hard to monetize my games. This isn’t a fun process. I am adding in ads to several of my games on the Android market. I don’t like adding ads into my games, it makes them feel cheap. However, I am trying to turn Blue Tarp Games into a more legitimate business. Currently, I have two young boys. I would like to better support them financially. My wife and I are both teachers, and I have been using the profits from my games to save for my kids’ future.
My short term business plan: (3-4 months)
- Add in ads into all existing games.
- Port the games over to the iOS market.
- Expand to HTLM5 using ad revenue sharing, or HTLM5 sponsorship.
- Finish 2-3 more games over the summer.
- Make an additional $2,000-$3000 a month.
Wish me luck! I owe it to my kids.