Finished the game and posted it to Game Jolt. The game is a puzzle platformer without a jump mechanic. I added some meaning to the game, and it now includes a boss battle. It is about 15 minutes of total play time. Hope you enjoy.
We had another great video game design week at my school. Most students were quite successful. I made a platformer without a jump mechanic.
I am making a new platformer engine for my students to build off of. The art assets come from opengameart.org. Here is my progress so far.
- New lighting system (maybe too dark)
- Asian themed levels (story about enlightenment)
- Water Mechanic
- Voice acting
- Changed the color scheme, it is now black and white with red.
- Took out the lighting mechanic, it was eating up to much processing for mobile devices.
- Added splatter effect on death.
- Took out the cloud texture
- Added Subtle background particle (white bar)
- Added rain
- New Spike Sprite
- Cloud texture background